Last month, Xiaomi launched an another mid-range smartphone in market. The launch of the smartphone was in India for first time which shows the Xiaomi’s interest in India’s booming smartphone market. The Xiaomi Mi 4i is doing really great in market because of its good hardware and reasonable pricing. But the device is receiving complaints related to performance and overheating issues. The device is packed with solid hardware like a Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 octa-core processor with Adreno 405 GPU and 2 GB RAM. The device has a 5-inch Full HD (1920 X 1080) screen resolution, 16 GB Internal storage with no memory card slot, 13 MP main camera and 5 MP front facing camera. Xiaomi rolled out update for these issues, the new update come with fixes for performance issues, overheating issues and lots of other error fixes. You can update your device using the Updater app or you can manually update your device by following our guide. Few days back, we wrote about how to root Xiaomi Mi 4i without using PC. You just need to follow simple steps without skipping anything and you can enjoy your Xiaomi Mi 4i smoothly after that.
- This method is only for Xiaomi Mi 4i.
- Make sure your device is fully charged.
- Download and Install USB Drivers in your PC for your device (Download Xiaomi Mi 4i Phone manager on your PC).
- Enable USB Debugging in your device.
- Create a backup of all your important data.
- Download Official Update for Xiaomi Mi 4i
How To Root Xiaomi Mi 4i
- Follow all the steps written above carefully without skipping anything.
- Download the Update zip file in your PC (Download link given above).
- Connect your Xiaomi Mi 4i to PC using micro USB data cable and transfer the Update zip file into the folder ‘downloaded_rom’ in the internal storage of your device.
- After transferring update zip file in your device, disconnect your device from PC.
- Open Updater App on your phone and tap on menu button and select ‘Choose update package’, and choose the ROM file you’ve put in ‘downloaded_rom’ file on your phone.
- Now updating process will start, the process will take some time.
- Your device will automatically reboot when the update process is complete.
That’s it!! Your Xiaomi Mi 4i is successfully updated now, If you want to root your Xiaomi Mi 4i follow our simple guide for that. You will be able to flash Custom ROMs, Tweaks and Mods after rooting your device.