We all know and love WhatsApp. Today this popular messaging service introduced a new service for itr’s loyal user base. Free Voice calling or VoIP as it is more popularly known. Why is this is so important? Because almost everyone with a smartphone has WhatsApp and now we can call them without using our precious talk time plans. It’s all done over the internet. “All well and good”, you say, “but what’s the catch?” Well the catch here is that WhatsApp is rolling this out very very slowly. But, we are here to the rescue!
- Your device must be rooted! There are various root guides available on the website so check them out!
- The latest version of WhatsApp should be installed.
- A PC with Chrome browser.
Make sure you have the right version of WhatsApp
There are a few minimum requirements to enjoy WhatsApp Web:
- You need to have an active WhatsApp account on your phone.
- You need to have a stable internet connection on both your phone and your computer.
- You need to use Google Chrome as your web browser. Click here to download Google Chrome onto your computer. (Other browsers are not currently supported).
To get started with WhatsApp Web you must first pair your phone and computer:
Visit web.whatsapp.com on your computer.
Open WhatsApp on your phone and go to Menu > WhatsApp Web.
Scan the QR Code on your computer.
From your phone, navigate to WhatsApp Web to view your Logged in computers or to logout from an active WhatsApp Web session.
Install Terminal Emulator. Open the app on your phone.
Type in the following:
su am start -n com.whatsapp/com.whatsapp.HomeActivity
WhatsApp should now open with the calling feature enabled.
1)I cannot call anyone?
Ans: If you want to call someone, the other person must have done the same thing (enabled this feature) in order for that person to receive your call.
2) I did this and now it’s gone!!!
Ans: You need to do this every time you want to call.
3) I did all this and still cannot call anyone! Help ;(
Ans: Someone who already has this feature needs to call you in order for this feature to be activated, I know, this sucks.
Well that’s all for today folks! Leave your comments down below and we’ll be sure to help you out!