One the launch of new Android version, Google confirms that the latest Android 4.4 Kitkat update will be available shortly for Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 as well as for Galaxy S4 and HTC One (Google Play Editions). But, before that, the AOSP Custom ROM is released for the Nexus 4 which is based on latest Android 4.4 Kitkat version. The Nexus 4 users, who are eagerly waiting for the official announcement of the brand new Android 4.4 Kitkat can do the hands-on via AOSP ROM. Willing to get the ROM on Nexus 4, then just follow the below guide carefully.
Disclaimer: We are not responsible mishap. So, users have to follow the tutorial at their own risks.
Things To Check:
- Get the latest Google USB drivers.
- Ensure that you have enabled USB debugging on your device.
- Make sure you have taken the backup of your current ROM.
- The device should be rooted and CWM/TWRP Recovery installed on it.
- AOSP ROM for Google Nexus 4
Steps To Install AOSP ROM on Google Nexus 4
1. Download the above files on your Computer and after that copy them in to your Nexus 4 internal memory.
2. Boot your Nexus 4 in to CWM/TWRP Recovery mode. To do so:
- Press and hold “Volume down and Power buttons” together and then release the Power Button when the Google Logo appears, continue holding the Volume down button.
- Now, press the Volume down button twice to get the Recovery menu and after that, press the Power button to reboot into recovery mode.
Use the Volume keys to move up/down and the Power key to select a highlighted item.
3. In the Recovery Mode you have to wipe complete data by choosing the “wipe data/factory reset” option and then perform complete cache wipe by choosing “advanced” options in the CWM Recovery mode and then navigate to “Wipe Dalvik Cache”.
4. Return to the Recovery main menu and choose ‘install zip from SD card’ and give a path to downloaded AOSP ROM from file. Wait for the ROM installation to complete. Similarly, follow this step to flash Gapps.
5. Now, wait for a few minutes for the installation process to complete. If it is completed, then again returns to the Recovery main menu and from there choose ‘Reboot Now’.
6. As this is the first time, you are starting the device after installing ROM, so wait for a few minutes to initialize all the services and applications.
Hell yeah! Now, you are on the laetst Android 4.4 Kitkat version. Start using it and experience all the new features live on your Nexus 4. [Via]