Recently, the latest version of Android is Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. The Google don’t want to stay back, so it goes on adding new features to the Android build as well as it also releases the updates for its devices. However, other manufacturers are not fast as Google, and they don’t provide the update to the latest Android version. But, we are also very smart, we root the device and install various Custom ROMs on our device to use the latest version of Android and its newly added features.
Today, I will show you the way to update Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101. Undoubtedly, we will go for Custom ROM and the name of the ROM is “KatKiss ROM”. This ROM is an based AOSP build and the objectives to develop this ROM is to provide efficiency and speed to the device with customization features. As well as all the bloated apps are removed from the ROM. You can get the list of all the features included in the ROM from here.
Note: Don’t try to miss any of the steps from the below tutorial, otherwise your tablet will be harmed. If you have any queries then do share with us via the comments box below! And of course, this will save your phone from being damaged.
1. Charge your tablet battery up to 70-80%.
2. Make sure USB Debugging must be ON.
3. Make a complete backup of your device data.
4. Your tablet must be rooted and CWM Recovery installed.
5. Download files to update Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101
Procedure To Update Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101
1. Download above to files to your computer.
2. Connect your tablet to PC via USB cable to copy the downloaded files and disconnect it when the copying is completed.
3. Switch off your tablet.
4. Reboot into recovery by pressing and holding “Volume down + Power Key” for a few seconds (first vibrate). Hit Volume down key until you see the USB symbol on your tablet, then immediately hit Volume Up.
5. In the Recovery Mode you have to wipe complete data by choosing the “wipe data/factory reset” option and then perform complete cache wipe by choosing “advanced” options in the CWM Recovery mode and then navigate to “Wipe Dalvik Cache”.
6. Return to the Recovery main menu and choose ‘install zip from SD card’ and give a path to downloaded ROM from file.
7. Similarly, follow the “Step 6” two times and flash the remaining files, i.e., Kernel and Gapps.
8. Now, go the CWM recovery main menu > choose “advanced” options and then navigate to “Wipe Dalvik Cache” > Yes
9. Now, wait for a few minutes for the installation process to complete. If it is completed, then again returns to the Recovery main menu and from there choose ‘Reboot Now’.
10. As this is the first time, you are starting the device after installing ROM, so wait for a few minutes to initialize all the services and applications.
As you see the startup screen, this means, you have successfully updated your tablet to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. Now go and enjoy it. Don’t forget to leave your feedback and do share your reviews with us 😀 [Via]