Still waiting for the official Jelly Bean update for HTC Wildfire S? Listen there will be no official update released for the outdated HTC Wildfire S device. Instead of that, you can update your device to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean via CyanogenMod Custom ROM. But for that, you have to root HTC Wildfire S and it’s not tough though.
Today, in this article I will share the easiest method to root HTC Wildfire S with you. Simply, you have to follow the post carefully and make sure that you don’t fail to miss any of the steps. Before going through the whole process, you must read the requirements and a disclaimer.
Disclaimer: Rooting voids your phone warranty. We are not responsible if any damage happens to your device while performing the procedure. So, follow at your own risk 😉
1. Charge your battery up to 70%.
2. Make sure your device is S-OFF.
3. Disable Fast Boot from your phone settings (Settings > Power > Disable Fastboot)
4. Backup your phone data.
5. The phone bootloader must be unlocked.
6. Download files..
Method To Root :
1. Download and copy CWM Recovery File only on an external SD card on your device.
2. Now, switch off your device and boot into Recovery mode by pressing and holding “Volume down + Power Key” for a few seconds.
3. The file will be automatically detected by the device and you will get a prompt to flash it, give “YES” to begin the flashing process. Wait for a few seconds.
4. Congratulation! Custom Recovery is installed on your device.
5. Reboot the device.
6. Download and place Root File on an external SD card on your device.
6. Again, switch off your device and boot into Recovery mode by pressing and holding “Volume down + Power Key” for a few seconds. Choose “recovery” option from there.
7. Now, Select “choose a zip from SD card” and give a path to “Root File”.
8. Let the installation to be completed.
9. Go back to the main menu and from there select “Reboot Now!”
That’s it! If you go through the above process then you will easily get root access on HTC Wildfire S. So, this guide covers all about easiest method to root HTC Wildfire S. In case, if you face any difficulty in understanding or performing then feel free to contact with us via comments and we will try to solve your all the difficulties. Happy Rooting 😀 [Via]