Priced at around 11k INR, the Mcromax A310 is one of the better devices available in the Indian market right now. However two serious drawbacks hold it back. That is the software aspect of it, as well as cramping up the limited internal storage with bloatware apps. Micromax often fails to provide a smooth experience to it’s users, despite having a very capable hardware inside.Today however we will seek to remedy both of those issues with this stock offering from Google.
- Root your phone using the Kringoroot app. Click here to download and to know how.
- Install a custom recovery on your phone. TWRP custom recovery is recommended. Click this link to download. Install TWRP Recovery by using “Mobile uncle tools“
- Your phone must be charged over 80%.
- Common sense and the ability to follow instructions!
All that done and dusted, let’s get on with it
Download the custom ROM FILE.ZIP and copy to an external SD card root directory.
Power off the phone and hold Power button + volume button up, to enter the recovery mode.
Take a complete backup.
In TWRP perform a full WIPE –> WIPE–> ADVANCED WIPE–> SELECT
– Dalvik Cache
– Factory Reset
Return to recovery main interface and Install zip from sd card:
Select your ROM FILE.ZIP –> It will launch the installation procedure
Reboot System. Do not fret as the first reboot takes some time.
Bugs and Possible Fixes:
Auto Rotation not working after first install:
After installing , Go to settings > Display > G-sensor Calibration
Place the phone on a level surface and press ‘Calibrate’
Auto Rotation will now works properly.
Wrong battery charging animation when phone switched off
But phone regularly charge to 100%, just the animation is wrong.
Wrong 3G/2G Indicator in status bar
Xposed and Gravity Box Module can fix that.
- Stock Google Kitkat 4.4.2
- Removed all the unnecessary Micromax apps that eat up internal memory.
- Auto Rotation is finally working.
- Animations are faster and overall UI transitions are much smoother. Apps opening much more quickly
- Play HD games without much increase in temperature and no lags.
- Antutu benchmark 30k+.
- Battery backup Much better than Stock ROM.
Congratulations! You have installed the stock AOSP ROM on your Micromax Canvas 310. Go ahead and enjoy your ROM and the fast fluid animations of Google’s stock software. If you have any questions or queries, leave them in the comments below.