Here is the tablet named Barnes & Noble NOOK Color, which was not launched in India. This tablet is also called eReader, especially it was made to read eBooks. Of course, it runs on Android but if I said that this tablet runs on Honeycomb then you might get shocked, but it’s absolutely true. That’s why, today, I decide to post about Custom ROM for Nook Color so that users can use their tablet efficiently as well as taste the features of the latest version of Android.
Many Custom ROMs are available for Nook Color, from that the ROM which I liked the most if Chameleon OS, which is official though and based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. I must say this ROM will give access to use all the features of latest Android version. So, are you ready to install Chameleon OS Custom ROM, then simply follow the below tutorial. Firstly, read the whole tutorial carefully and if any query arises in your mind then do ask us via below comments section, this will help you to save your device from being damaged and then only you can follow the below tutorial.
Note: This ROM is not developed by us (AndroidRooting.com), so if some functionality are not working then don’t blame us, just report your problem here (XDA Thread) to get solved.
Things To Do:
1. Your mobile should have 70 – 80% battery.
2. Your tablet must be rooted.
3. Backup of data must be taken before flashing the ROM.
Procedure To Install Custom ROM for Nook Color
1. Install ROM Manager from the Google Play Store.
2. Download Chameleon OS Custom ROM for Nook Color and Gapps from here to your Computer.
3. Connect your device to PC via USB cable to copy the downloaded files into an internal memory and disconnect it when the copying is completed.
4. Open the ROM Manager app and select option “Reboot into Recovery”.
5. In the Recovery Mode you have to wipe complete data by choosing the “wipe data/factory reset” option and then perform complete cache wipe by choosing “advanced” options in the CWM Recovery mode and then navigate to “Wipe Dalvik Cache”.
6. Return to the Recovery main menu and choose ‘install zip from SD card’ and give a path to downloaded ROM from file.
7. Repeat the “Step 6” and choose “GApps file” instead of ROM file.
8. Now, wait for a few minutes for the installation process to complete. If it is completed, then again returns to the Recovery main menu and from there choose ‘Reboot Now’.
9. As this is the first time, you are starting the device after installing ROM, so wait for a few minutes to initialize all the services and applications.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed Chameleon OS Custom ROM on you Nook Color. Don’t forget to share your reviews in the below comments section.