After the announcement of new Android 4.4 Kitkat version, a huge buzz is created over the internet. Whether it is official or unofficial, all the users have set their minds to get Android 4.4 Kitkat on their specific device. Undoubtedly, the official update of Android 4.4 Kitkat will be release later, so now the only way is to go with the unofficial update of Android 4.4 Kitkat.
Right now, AOSP Android 4.4 Kitkat is the only build available to flash on specific devices and from that, one of them is LG Optimus G E970/E973/E971. Get a ride to the sweetest features of the Android version on your LG Optimus G E970/E973/E971 by installing AOSP Custom ROM. The ROM is fully working on LG Optimus G E970/E973/E971 and it has undergone three versions to fix the bugs and to include latest Android 4.4 Stock Apps. Are you planning to with the unofficial ROM then grab the ROM from the below specified link and follow the tutorial for installing it. Make sure, before going to any of the Custom ROM, you have to take a complete backup of your Current ROM to be on a safe side. Here we go…
What To Check?
- Get the latest Google USB drivers.
- Ensure that you have enabled USB debugging on your device.
- Make sure you have taken the backup of your current ROM.
- The device should be rooted and CWM/TWRP Recovery installed on it.
Files To Download
Steps To Install AOSP ROM on LG Optimus G E970/E973/E971
1. Download the above files on your Computer and after that copy them in to your device internal/external memory.
2. Boot your device in to CWM/TWRP Recovery mode.
Tip: Use the Volume keys to move up/down and the Power key to select a highlighted item.
3. In the Recovery Mode you have to wipe complete data by choosing the “wipe data/factory reset” option and then perform complete cache wipe by choosing “advanced” options in the CWM Recovery mode and then navigate to “Wipe Dalvik Cache”.
4. Return to the Recovery main menu and choose ‘install zip from SD card’ and give a path to downloaded AOSP ROM from file. Wait for the ROM installation to complete. Similarly, follow this step to flash Gapps.
5. Now, wait for a few minutes for the installation process to complete. If it is completed, then again returns to the Recovery main menu and from there choose ‘Reboot Now’.
6. As this is the first time, you are starting the device after installing ROM, so wait for a few minutes to initialize all the services and applications.
Hell yeah! Now, you are on the latest Android 4.4 Kitkat version. Start using it and experience all the new features live on your device now. If you face any of the problem then do share with us using the comments box! [Via]