The Sony Xperia S is a very popular Android Smartphone which was announced back in January of 2012. The hardware specifications of the Sony Xperia S include a 4.3 inch 720×1280 pixel display with a PPI of 342, 1.5 GHz dual core processor, 1 GB of RAM, 32 GB of internal storage with no support for MicroSD card storage expansion, 12 MP primary camera with LED flash and Autofocus and 1.3 MP front facing camera, 1750 mAh battery etc.
If you’re interested in flashing custom ROM on your Sony Xperia S then you must check out the AOSP custom ROM for Sony Xperia S. Not only does this custom ROM features the latest Android version, Android 4.4.2, but also features a lot of user friendly optimizations and features and also will give you a stock vanilla Android experience.
And if you’re interested in installing the AOSP Android 4.4.2 custom ROM on your Sony Xperia S, then today we’re here with a detailed tutorial on the same.
Before we proceed, here are a set of warning statements that you should read:
- Rooting and installation of custom ROM’s on Android devices tends to void its warranty.
- We are not to be held responsible for any damage that may occur to your Sony Xperia S during or after completing the guide written below.
- Please backup all the data stored in your Smartphone as once the installation process is completed, every data stored on your Smartphone will be deleted.
Below is a set of prerequisite procedures to complete prior to installing the AOSP Android 4.4.2 custom ROM on your Sony Xperia S:
- Make sure that your Sony Xperia S has already been rooted and CWM recovery has been installed.
- Download and install the necessary USB Drivers for Sony Xperia S on your PC.
- Download the ROM kit from here.
- Download Google Apps kit from here.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Sony Xperia S.
How To Install AOSP Android 4.4.2 custom ROM for Sony Xperia S:
Below is the detailed tutorial on how to install AOSP Android 4.4.2 custom ROM for Sony Xperia S Android Smartphone:
- Connect your Smartphone to the PC.
- Then copy and paste both the ZIP files that you downloaded earlier, to your Smartphone.
- Now disconnect your Smartphone from the PC.
- And then boot into recovery mode by pressing Volume Up+Power keys.
- From the recovery mode, perform a “Data/Factory Reset”, “Wipe Cache Partition” and “Wipe Dalvik Cache”.
- Now, choose the “Install ZIP From SD Card” option.
- And then choose the ROM kit that you copied earlier to your Smartphone and pass the warning screen.
- Now the AOSP Android 4.4.2 custom ROM will be installed on your Sony Xperia S.
- Then choose the Google Apps kit and again pass the warning screen.
- Now the Google Apps kit will be installed on your Smartphone.
- From the main menu of the recovery menu, click on the “Reboot System Now” option.
- Wait for your Smartphone to reboot successfully.
The reboot process might take some time longer than usual as its the first boot after installing a custom ROM, hence please wait peacefully. Congratulations, you have now successfully completed installing AOSP Android 4.4.2 custom ROM on your Sony Xperia S.