Why are you wasting your bandwidth and precious time in downloading Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean official or Custom ROM for Galaxy S4; when Android 4.3 Jelly Bean ROM for Galaxy S4 is available to flash manually. Yes! It’s true, now any Galaxy S4 user can upgrade their device to Android 4.3 Google Play Edition Jelly Bean ROM. Undoubtedly, ROM has better features than Android 4.2.2 Stock ROM. If you are willing to update your device to latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean then follow the below guide carefully!
To install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean ROM for Galaxy S4 without any conflict, you first have to go through the post and then do the real process on your device.
1. Charge your battery up to 70%.
2. Make sure that you have enabled USB debugging.
For Android 4.1.2 version:
- All apps > Settings > Manage Applications > Development > USB Debugging – check box
For Android 4.2.2 version:
- All Apps > Settings > About Phone > Navigate to Build number > Tap “Build number” 7 times and you’ll get pop-up as “You are now a developer”.
- All Apps > Settings > System > Developer Options and Android Debugging – check box
3. Backup your phone data.
4. Install Samsung Galaxy S4 USB drivers from here.
5. The phone must be rooted and CWM Recovery installed.
6. Download Android 4.3 Jelly Bean ROM for Galaxy S4 from official link.
Steps to install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean ROM:
Step 1: Copy the downloaded file into an internal storage.
Step 2: Switch off your phone and boot into Recovery by “pressing and holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power button” for few seconds. In the Recovery mode, use the Volume keys to move up/down and the Power key to select a highlighted item.
Step 3: Now, perform a full data wipe by selecting “wipe data/factory reset” and “wipe cache partition” and then go to “advanced options in CWM Recovery” from there select “wipe Dalvik Cache“.
Step 4: Now, go to the main menu choose “install zip from SD card” > Select Android 4.3 Jelly Bean ROM (Which you have downloaded earlier) > give “Yes” for confirmation. The process will take 3-5 minutes to install the ROM so wait for the whole process to complete.
Step 5: Finally, go back to the main menu and select “reboot system” now. The phone will take 10-15 minutes to start and initialize all the services & apps because this is the first time you are starting a phone after installing this ROM. Don’t be hesitate and wait for complete process.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed Android 4.3 Jelly Bean ROM for Galaxy S4. In case, if you face any difficulty then feel free to contact us via comments and we will try to solve your all the difficulties. Don’t forget to leave your feedback. Do share with your friends and hit “g +1“, if you find this guide useful! (Source)