After getting stuck to Android 4.0 ICS users are habituated to use that. I am talking about the Sprint LG Optimus G which runs on a pretty outdated version of Android, i.e., Android ICS. The reason is LG manufacturer haven’t released an update for this device. In order to get Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on LG Optimus G, users have to root it successfully and then install the various Custom ROMs on it.
Today, I have brought one of the most popular Custom ROM for LG Optimus G, i.e., CyangenMod ROM. We all are aware about its various features and customization support and it’s available for almost all the device. CM10.2 is totally based on the original build of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean incurred with extra-ordinary features. So, if are ready to install the CM10.2 Custom ROM for LG Optimus G, then surely follow the below defined steps. Make sure you don’t miss any of the steps, if you have any doubt regarding process or something related to it then directly shoot a comment via the comments box below. After solving all the queries, go for the actual implementation on your device.
STEPS TO PERFORM BEFORE INSTALLING ROM
1. Your mobile should have 70 – 80% battery
2. Make sure that you have enabled USB debugging (All apps > Settings> Developer Options.)
3. Ensure you have backed up your important data.
4. Make sure your must be rooted and CWM recovery installed on it.
PROCEDURE TO INSTALL CUSTOM ROM FOR LG OPTIMUS G
1. Download CM10.2 Custom ROM for LG Optimus G from here.
2. Download CyanogenMod Gapps from here.
3. Transfer both the files to your device.
4. Switch off your device to boot into recovery mode (Press and Hold “Volume Up + Power Button” to do so).
5. In the Recovery Mode you have to wipe complete data by choosing the “wipe data/factory reset” option and then perform complete cache wipe by choosing “advanced” options in the CWM Recovery mode and then navigate to “Wipe Dalvik Cache”.
6. Return to the Recovery main menu and choose ‘install zip from SD card’ and give a path to downloaded ROM from file.
7. Return to the main menu and from there again choose ‘install zip from SD card’ and give a path to Google Apps.
8. Now, wait for a few minutes for the installation process to complete. If it is completed, then again returns to the Recovery main menu and from there choose ‘Reboot Now’.
9. As this is the first time, you are starting the device after installing ROM, so wait for a few minutes to initialize all the services and applications.
Voila! Now your device runs on the latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean version, taste it, lick it and start customizing your device. Enjoy! [Via]
All the tutorials and download links are collected from internet and various sources. We are not responsible for any damage in your device. Here we are putting our best to collect and publish accurate articles.So, Follow the tutorials at your own risk.