It’s over folks, Official Android 4.0 or 4.1 will not be available for Samsung Galaxy Y S5360. So, are you still using Android 2.3.6? That’s sad, because now Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 users can update their device to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean by installing JellyBlast ROM. Of course, you can enjoy all the features included in the latest Android build.
JellyBlast ROM Features:
- Totally Jelly Bean themed
- Jelly Bean live wallpaper
- Tons of beautiful wallpapers
- New ICS themed file explorer
- Themed CHROME browser.(Lightning fast)
- New ICS/JB messaging app
- New ICS/JB keyboard
- New Jelly Bean bootanimation
- Includes full fledged office suite
- More transparent status bar
- JELLY BEAN LOCKSCREEN
Today, in this article I will guide to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Update for Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 with complete steps. So, firstly, you have to read the whole post carefully and then only you have performed it on your device.
1. Enable USB debugging. (All apps > Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging – check box)
2. Charge your battery upto 70 – 80%.
3. The device must be rooted and CWM recovery installed.
4. Make a complete backup of your current ROM.
5. Download Jelly Bean Update for Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 to your Computer.
Install Jelly Bean Update :
1. Copy the download file on an external SD card of your device. Don’t dare to extract it!
2. Switch off your device completely.
3. Boot into recovery mode by pressing and holding ‘Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key’ for a few seconds.
4. In the Recovery Mode you have to wipe complete data by choosing the “wipe data/factory reset” option and then perform complete cache wipe by choosing “advanced” options in the CWM Recovery mode and then navigate to “Wipe Dalvik Cache”.
5. Return to the Recovery main menu and choose ‘install zip from SD card’ and give a path to downloaded ROM from file.
6. Now, wait for a few minutes for the installation process to complete. If it is completed, then again returns to the Recovery main menu and from there choose ‘Reboot Now’.
7. As this is the first time, you are starting the device after installing ROM, so wait for a few minutes to initialize all the services and applications.
Voila! Now you have got the Stable and Smooth Custom ROM installed on your device. I hope you have not faced any problem, as this is the simplest guide on How to install Jelly Bean Update for Samsung Galaxy Y S5360. Otherwise, if you face any problem or having query then connect with me via the below comments section.
For more addons, themes and updates visit Official XDA Thread Link.